SAT with Maverick - always collapses while entering

Hi there,

I just tried several SATs with my new Icaro Maverick M, startweight about 105 kg, harness is Ava Acro F1.

They all worked worked out, but the outside (the side with no brake) always collapses while entering. It works fine, but doesn´t look very nice. I tried to grab the riser at different heights, pulled the inner brake very quickly, tried to weightshift as much as possible... but it always collapses.
My Skywalk Cayenne never collapsed and is much more dynamic in SAT.

Does anyone habe experience in SATting the Maverick? Or has a clue, what I can do to prevent the collapse?

Thanks
Martin

Latest Comments

Rebel's picture

I tasted to SAT my Rebel and had many problems to start without Collapse. Two Tipp´s from Pilot´s helped me to SAT: First was i gave my wheight mor to the front of my harness. Second Problem was i waited alway´s one short moment to long.

Don´t know if this can help you??

elbarrito's picture

Hey Expilot,

well after many tries I finally made it. My Maverick SATs perfectly with a complete open Wing, very slowly, very nicely.
I tried grabbing the outside at different heights, pull extremely quick and hard, try leading in erlier... But the critical point was the weightshift. Because of the (relative) great aspect ratio the slightest weight on the outside while leading in, makes the outer wing collapse. So be sure to lift up your left ass cheek (when turning to the right) and weightshift hard, all you can to the right (put your head outside the right riser), pushing hard with your left arm.
I surely made 20 SATs with a flattering outside wing, before I was succesfull...
So keep on trying, it will probably work sometime...

Have fun,

Martin

expilot's picture

i have the same problem with paratech p44. do any body has experience about SAT with p44. i do SAT with gin oasis, its nice and has no problems with oasis.but when i try with my p44. it collapses at entering( the outside of the wing) eveytime and does not fit to SAT.do anybody has tricks for me
tahks all for ur help:)

panzar's picture

well what about it ??? is it doable ??? any progress made???

elbarrito's picture

Thx so far for your many answers.
Okay "flymore", I will keep on working on the entering. You are right, the SAT with the Maverick is relatively slow and you can enjoy while satting, even with a deflated wingtip. I will try helico with it, haven´t done it yet, I´m actually practicing deep stall...

Simon: Not enough pressure? Maybe, I am about 5 kg under max load... I will try to lead in a bit later, with more speed, maybe this will raise the canopy pressure (but it´s lowering the angle of attack).

Okay, thanks a lot. Now I am sure the glider can SAT without a waving wingtip. I will practice the entering.
CU
Martin

simon2's picture

http://www.icaro-wings.de/downloads/MaverickProductBook2008.pdf
icaro wrote in the product book (in german) that the glider is possible to SAT...and for mctwist, helico and so on..

i made my first sat with the icaro ice2xc (but with collapsed wingtip ;))

maybe the wingsize is too big, so you havn't got enough pressure??

greets simon

flymore's picture

Hello, Maverick is a one of the best wings for XC,
but for SAT you have a small window entering.
When you do a godd enter you have no problem, no collpas and a slowly SAT, nice to wiev, but is'nt easy.
This wings is more easy in Helico.
Remember the aspect ratio is 6!

cravattnix's picture

Hi Martin,

SAT is one of the few maneuvers I can do, but I didn't fly a Maveric yet. I had success with other gliders with a tendency to collapse when pushing the riser a little bit forward just when the outer wing starts wobbling.

hope this helps,
tom

Acroflo's picture

"The Maverick is designed by Nesler, so I can´t believe that it´s not at least freestyle suitable ;-)"

You gotta love that comment :D

lupus78's picture

I haven't tried the Mavrick, but it's true that the Skywalk Cayenne is supereasy to SAT. Otherwise it's shit for every other manuver! you can try entering the SAT on the Mavrick with different speed, pull earlier or later, or different dynamics, try a dynamic sat, maybe that works, but Zoli is right, probably that glider is designed for XC, so if it dosen't do what you want, change it!
Lupus

elbarrito's picture

Hi Zoli,

well, actually the Maverick CAN sat. The manoeuver works out quite well, there is no tendency to going negative or something.
The Maverick is designed by Nesler, so I can´t believe that it´s not at least freestyle suitable ;-)
So Heli and SAT should be possible, I suppose I do something wrong at leading in. But what?

I know that there are other wings, better suitable for doing Acro. But a bit of freestyle stuff should be possible. I already have 2 harnesses (XC and acro) and don´t want to take too much equipment with me all the time.

Martin

pogozoli's picture

I had the same problem with my Synergy 2. The problem is that the glider can't SAT. I've tried many times, the result was half collapsed SAT or a huge negative. So you should try other tricks, or change your glider :( ... I did the last option.
Fly safe Acro! Zoli