Paramotor acro

I'm super interested in using a paramotor to get the altitude I need to practice. It looks like some folk here are doing a mixture of manoeuvres using paramotors, some using acro wings like the peace, not traditional motoring wings. What's folks experience with using a motor and what advice would you give to someone looking to use a motor as a way to get high? Interested in kit choice, manouevres, contacts! Love to hear your thoughts

Latest Comments

dalechamberlain's picture

I have a 130cc machine it climbs really slow but good for cross country and uses not much petrol. I also have a moster185 it climbs very fast, heavier and thirsty on petrol.
I would recommend the powerful unit to climb

dalechamberlain's picture

I use a ppg. Its great for wingovers, sats, rhymic sat. Personally i would not try heli. It gets riser twists easily and it very hard to get out of.
But i can practise anytime

Kmooney89's picture

Having done motor acro for several years, its great to gain altitude..However all tricks get more dynamic and of course the "feel" is different than that of free flight. I would suggest going a size larger if you are learning and be aware that riser twist is a very real danger if you are practicing heli and the like. I primarily do acro on motor "infinite, heli, cowboy, other connections etc"...I use a Fly Products Frame and the Emilie Peace II. Be safe out there and stay high :)